Wednesday, March 2, 2011

There is no rhyme nor reason to life.  I have, through my own experiences come to terms with that realization.  I loved, deeply and without regret and have been broken like the small Mikasa juice glass that slipped from my hand and fell to the floor.  I gazed down, annoyed, not with myself but with the manufacturer for producing a glass without so much as a ridge upon it to grab hold of.  I put the blame on Mikasa, on the tiny droplet of water that was not dried properly in the dishwasher, I even put the blame on the dog, who by the way was no where near me at the time.
The truth is the tiny glass simply fell and there was little to do about it.  Life, similarly, sometimes falls apart, it can't be helped.  But why, why do we ask the question, "Why?"  Perhaps there is no answer yet perhaps there is. I've had my share of asking only to be told, "Because that's life". Complex inquiry. Simple resolution. Three words, four if you do not use an apostrophe.
There was a time, it seems like only yesterday, when I found myself newly single and facing the world before me. I took paper to pen, or in this case fingers to keyboard, and began to write. What I discovered amazed me. I loved it! Many of these stories were written prior to my meeting Rob and beginning yet one more adventure in my life. So don't be confused, he and I are still together but the tales may have a "single" man's point of reference.
Before going any further I want to take a moment to thank all of my friends, family and clients without whom I would have little to no material for my writing.  It has been an eye opening experience recreating the humor and moments of revelation in order to bring together what I love so dearly: life. 
To my parents, Henry and Edith Proto, I say, "Thank you for loving me and instilling a piece of you both in me.  I know you are looking down, smiling, while wondering, "Is he going to expose any deep family secrets?"
To "The Pecsters", Joey, Shawn and Mike, I say thank you for all the giggles, facial expressions and wonderful discussions about our lives, I love you;
To my beloved Denise Pellico, where would I be without your unconditional friendship, support and shall we say poorly timed but always welcomed phone calls at 7:30 am every day?
To Robert B. I say, "Thank you for your love, friendship and many wonderful years in my life."
And finally, to Robert N. I say, "Thank you for the support, love and pride you show me every day."
--Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment